The Croatia digital nomad visa is an example of how countries are trying to attract visitor during a global pandemic. The tourism industry has faced a major challenges globally, as people are still restricted to either their homes or their native countries.
Since then, the term “Remote working” or “Work from home” gained more popularity. Business men, employees run their business/work either from home or remote areas through different digital medium. Indeed COVID-19 has caused a hit to many industries but tourism is top of all, as countries were affected equally across the world.
Either most of the tourist destinations were closed or they required a 14 days quarantine. So, as soon as the countries are successful in dealing with COVID, they are pushing the people to visit their countries and prolong their stay. As tourism is one of the major sources of revenue and creation of job opportunities for the local people in the form of services.
Who and what are digital nomads?
Digital nomads are the professionals, who choose to work in location independent roles, and explore the world too, without residing on a permanent location. They include business men, freelance writers, entrepreneurs and artists etc. The number of digital nomads have been increasing in the recent years, hence pushing the governments to amend their laws for the foreign workers (freelancers).
Moreover, after COVID-19, the remote working category is likely to grow more rapidly as employers embrace working remotely and due to the use of technology. According to a study, in US alone 4.8 million independent workers present themselves as Digital Nomads, while in UK 0.03% of the job market consists of positions offering remote working.
What is a digital nomad visa?
Digital nomad visas are the type of visas which allow a person to stay in the concerned countries or particular areas for a longer time (varies from country to country) and continue their works remotely, without being a burden on their economy. With the rise in this trend more and more countries are supporting this kind of work life style. People who don’t have considered this as a viable option will surely realize its potential in the coming years.
Where is the country of Croatia located?
Croatia is a country at the crossroads of Central and Southeast Europe on the Adriatic Sea. Its capital is Zagreb. There are so many tourist attractions like beaches, and the world’s biggest truffle, Zlatni Rat Beach, which changes its color according to wind and many more. Moreover, it has highest number of UNESCO intangible goods of any European country. Due to these attractions, it is one of the top most priority of tourists from European countries.
What is the best time of the year to visit the country of Croatia?
The weather of Croatia is pleasant and sunny during summers. But the best time to visit Croatia is between May, June or September to October.
Why do digital nomads choose Croatia?
Here are some of the prospects of choosing Croatia as a destination for digital nomads:
- Croatia offers a stay in country for up to 1 years, by allowing multiple entries.
- It is one of the most convenient location for the nomads, as it lies somewhere between Africa, Europe and Middle East. So, it is easy for the travelers to get flights for different regions in a short time.
- Among other public facilities, health insurance is one of the basic demand in today’s time. People can avail free medical services for 1 year too.
- Croatia is considered to be one of the safest countries, as it ranks at 26 out of 163 on global peace index.
- There are almost 20 co-working spaces available in different parts of Croatia.
- Croatia has one of the best developed infrastructures in the world.
- The climate is moderate with pleasant environment, clean beaches and fastest internet, which make it an attraction for the tourists.
- It is one of the best relaxing places in the world due to natural, pure and clean environment having mild Mediterranean climate.
What is the cost of living in Croatia?
The cost of living in any country depends upon the duration of stay. If the duration of stay is longer, then the cost would be low, but if the stay is for short, then the cost of living would be high. So there is a big range on how longer one is staying. The cost of living in Croatia is 21% lower than USA. The cost of living could be higher for 30-90 days stay.
- Average costs ($1300-2500$) per month.
- Expats ($900-1800$) per month.
- For locals (Less than 1000$).
What types of visas are available for Croatia?
Broadly, Croatia offers two types of visa categories, which are as follow:
- Short stay visa
- Long stay visa
The short stay visa allows the non-EU residents to stay in Croatia up to 90 days. The EU citizens have visa exemption, which means that they can stay in Croatia for up to 90 days without visa. While the other Non-EU citizens have to obtain short stay visa in order to stay in Croatia.
The long stay visa allows the Non-EU residents to stay in Croatia for more than 90 days up to 180 days for business, medical treatment or work etc. Those foreigners who want to extend their stay over 180 days must have to obtain a temporary residence permit.
What is the Croatia digital nomad visa?
On 26 August 2020, the Prime Minister Andrej Plenković announced the launching of a freelancing/digital nomad visa of Croatia via twitter. This visa will allow the international travellers who are engaged in jobs, independent of location and time to work and stay in Croatia.
In order to get a digital nomad visa of Croatia, one simply needs the following documents:
- Non-EU citizen (EU citizens don’t need a visa for a stay of 90 days).
- OIB (Personal identification) which can be obtained through a tax office.
- Employment contract (proof of working).
- Valid passport (validity of more than 6 months).
- Thoroughly filled application form.
- Health and travel insurance.
- Valid rental contract.
- Certificate of non-conviction.
What is the application procedure for the Croatia digital nomad visa?
- Visit the official website of Croatian embassy.
- Apply online by filling the application form.
- Provide the evidence of documents.
- After approval, proceed further by submitting visa fee.
- Finally, wait for your visa arrival.
What is the Croatia digital nomad visa fee?
The visa fee of Croatia is fluctuates between 500-700 KN or 69 USD for each application.
In this regard, the Digital Nomad Visas are gaining the attention of many people around the world, because they offer a longer stay permit with all facilities and remote working permit as well. All countries have named this kind of visa differently, with policies accordingly, as the motive of this is to boost up the economy.
In a nutshell, Croatia is your absolute destination, if you are looking for a healthy and peaceful working environment along with tourism, because Croatia has lot more to offer to its visitors like the cultural and historical buildings, museums and beaches.